Jack.Townsend.Design@gmail.com | 410.422.9850
Welcome to my profile. Feel free to read my bio and view my career in detail.
A graduate of the top-ranked Savannah College of Art and Design; Industrial Design, Graphic Design, and 3D model Design and Development Experience. I’m a highly experienced professional with over three years in the field of creative art & design, with skill sets perfectly suited for positions requiring technical proficiency in the following areas:
2D and 3D hand skills: 3D-CAD development | Problem Solving | Presentation
Human Factors & Ergonomics | Concept Creation | Adobe CC Suite | MS Suite
We industrial designers develop the concepts for manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and toys. Combine art, business, and engineering to make products that people use every day. Industrial designers focus on the user experience in creating style and function for a particular gadget or appliance.
Years - Industrial Design B.F.A.
Years - Work Experience
Years - Industry Experience
Savannah College of Art and Design
Bachelor of Fine Arts
- As Beach Stand Manager, I organized, and maintained supervision over the rented equipment within space provided.
- I was also responsible for the handling of funds via cash and hotel room charge.
– (1 year 9 months)
- As a Banquette server I served food, ordered drinks, and attended other customers needs as well as setup, arranged, and cleaned the banquette hall.
- As the position designated busser, along with opening and closing, it was also my duty to maintain a clean environment in the restaurant, assist the servers, seat customers, and assist in stocking the bar.
– (3 years 4 months)
- As the busser, along with closing, it was also my duty to maintain a clean environment in the restaurant, and assist the servers.
- As the Valet, I helped accommodate customers with parking in our 3 different lots. I parked and brought back their vehicles in a timely manner while also maintaining supervision over the separate lots.
Super Bowl 52 Graphic Designer
Party Planners West inc. Nov 2016 – present
Large scale event graphics for the 2018 Super Bowl LII
Graphic Design | Print Design | Large Format | 3D Visualization | Presentation | Event Planning | Adobe Suite | Google Sketchup | Microsoft Office
Following the NFL Styleguide for SBLII, worked with the art director to produce print materials for everything from large format structural prints to small format posters and cards.
Yoobi October 2016 – October 2017
Research | Concept Generation | Sketching | CAD Modeling | Rendering | Prototyping
• Research and create presentation materials to show to clients
• Worked with Creative Director to design new line of gender neutral toy products called Antsypants™ now being sold in 1800 Target® stores.
• Acted as supervisor of the company art dept. overseeing all marketing, photography & graphic design & branding, CAD modeling & rendering of playgrounds and associated products, and coordinated the CNC machining of plastic panels for assembly.
Research who will use the space and the various ways it might be used
Sketch out ideas or create blueprints
Use computer software to develop virtual models of different designs
Examine materials and production costs to determine manufacturing requirements
Work with other specialists to evaluate whether their design concepts will fill the need at a reasonable cost
Evaluate product safety, appearance, and function to determine if a design is practical
Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to clients for approval